Welcome to Snug Huts, part of the Wolds Edge family, Bishop Wilton near York. Nestled in the foothills of the Yorkshire Wolds, our sweet and petit huts offer you the perfect break. These cosy lodgings offer a quirky place to lay your head and discover East Yorkshire. Uncover the area's hidden treasures using our cleverly designed accommodation as your perfect retreat.
We have two fantastic shepherd's huts that can be booked separately or as a pair, each sleeping three people. Both Springdale and Cowdale are beautifully unique and fantastically quirky.
Each hut has super comfy beds and a cute log burner for warmth and relaxation after touring the Wolds by bike or on foot. There is plenty of storage space hidden in various nooks and crannies to maximise room, making sure there is space for all your belongings! Just outside your hut you will find seats and a table to enjoy those glorious long summer evenings. As an extra treat, we even throw in a scrumptious breakfast basket including local goodies.
Each hut has all these fabulous features:
- 1 double bed and 1 single bunk
- Microwave and fridge
- BBQ to hire
- Fuel and power included
- Linen and towels included
- Private bathroom
- Wash/shower facilities only a stone's throw away
- Lockable storage for bikes in close proximity
- Sorry no pets allowed and no smoking
Wolds Edge was born in 2012 and has established itself on a small idyllic setting on the edge of this picturesque Wolds Village.
There are only a handful of lodges and shepherd's huts included on the site, providing plenty of space and privacy for each accommodation, giving all our guests a feeling of home from home. Being in a quiet leafy setting, Wolds Edge is wonderfully peaceful with a level of tranquillity perfect for escaping the hustle and bustle of daily life. We are only a few miles from the city of York and the beautiful Yorkshire coastline is within easy reach.
- Walking: Explore the distinctive landscape that is the Yorkshire Wolds
- Cycling: With room to store your bike, bring your wheels to discover the area.
- Discover the Yorkshire Coast: Jump in your car and explore the coastal towns of Bridlington, Scarborough and Filey, all within easy reach, and Whitby with its dark Dracula connections not much further (around 45 minutes, 1.15 hour).
- City Life: Historic city of York 10 miles (20 – 30 minutes). With its cobbled streets, quirky shops, numerous museums and of course its depth of history, York is one of the UK's most beautiful and interesting cities.
- Nordic Walking: Experience the freedom of the area through this exhilarating way of exercising.
…or your can just escape and hide away.